add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best for 1440p 60hz

piemancoder

50 months ago

I am looking for a gpu that can do 1440p 60hz in most games at max or very high settings. Any suggestions?

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

Most games are really old or indie games with low requirements. I wouldn't be surprised if intel's HD 4600 iGPU that was included in i5-4XXXs could technically meet your requirements. Do you have any particular games in mind because it really depends on that. Some games would probably require sli titanXs or crossfire FuryXs to maintain 60fps at that resolution.

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

mostly higher end games that I would be fine with 40ish (batman, maybe some others), and then lower end ones that I definitely want 60 fps (portal, tf2 and others)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I know with TF2, pretty sure you can easily do 1440p (or even 4K) with a 970. Portal is probably the same. Not sure about batman's requirements.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

You need SLI titan x's to game at 1440p with 60 fps?

Nah.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not talking about averaging 60 FPS (sli 970s could probably do that). I'm talking about maintaining 60 FPS. A single titan x nor sli 980s cannot maintain 60 fps more than 99% of the time at max settings 1440p on witcher 3: http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1947-witcher-3-pc-graphics-card-fps-benchmark

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

That's not completely fair as we all know the Witcher 3 is a very graphically intensive game and it's not the best optimized for PC.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I wasn't talking about most games at that point - I was talking about the extreme cases. I was trying to make a point about the range present to try to illustrate why he needed to better define his question if he wanted a good answer.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

970 280X

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

980, 980 ti. Titan X is you have cash to waste. Till the 390x Fury is benched those will be the best single car soultions.

Also sli/crossfired 970, 290 290x, 390x will work. 295x2 also if you have the psu for it.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

The tests for the 295x2 seem to show it has a lot of variance. While its average FPS rate is great, it has such bad drops in some games that often a 980ti is better and Fury should be as well.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I think I will choose 980. I am planning to get a shield and use gamestream, so as great as th e fury x is, it isn't for me. Also, I think with the release of the fury x, the prices will go down.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube