add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Private messaging now available

philip

76 months ago

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I have added private messaging to the site. You can now send private messages to other users. To do this, view their user profile, and on the right hand side will be a "Send private message" link.

This is the initial rollout, so there are likely to be a few quirks to work out as it gets more use. Please let me know if you have any issues, feedback, suggestions, etc.

Thanks!

Philip

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 4 points

Excellent!!!

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

Awesome! This will be a lot easier than email.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Heck yes! Maybe tags like in Tom hardware like gpu master, psu master, etc?

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

Quite possibly. I think we'll adapt the forum/profile features incrementally and try to figure out what will work best.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

As usual, solid work Philip!

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, that be sweet.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Aaaaaaw yeah. Way to go Philip!!!

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Finally! Good job my friend.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Philip. Please can you stop the way the comments get smaller and smaller in size other than that the website is perfect. :)

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there a way to get a notification when you have a PM?

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

YAY

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey Phillip, this is an awesome feature of the site, but I have to send a lot of messages twice so they get through. Is it just cuz it's new, or do you know what the problem is?

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

That's the first I've heard of something like that. The visibility of private messages can be improved, and that's definitely something we have on our roadmap to improve (basically general inbox layout, UI, etc.) - I suspect that may be the underlying issue you're seeing.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, sounds good. Just wanted to let you know, I'm sure you'll do whatever's best. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube