add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Has any Canadian bought from B&H?

DreadfulOne
  • 60 months ago

Sometimes, it bugs me how Canadians (and especially other foreign countries) have to pay such high prices for PC parts. Here I'm hearing stories about Americans going to a Micro Center and getting wicked prices for their CPU or nice combo deals, while we're stuck paying premium. I'm sure there are some nice local computer stores across Canada, but where I live (Montreal), the selection is crap.

So I decided to look for online retailers who ship from the US to Canada and I found a store called B&H. Supposedly they're more focused on cameras, but they do sell PC Parts as well. I've been shopping around and found some nice prices on PC parts. So my question is, has any Canadian bought from this particular store? How was your experience? Do you really save money buying from the States?

From what I can see, they have a free shipping option for over $99 and if you choose B&H customs clearance, all of your fees such as tax and brokerage are prepaid, so you don't get dinged when they arrive at your door.

B&H Photo

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 60 months ago
  • 1 point

They do have some nice prices, to me it does anyway. For example, the cheapest ASUS Maximus VII, according to PCPP in Canada is $279.99, I see this model in B&H for $219.99. Or the cheapest i7 4790k online is $408.98, B&H has it in stock for $337.99.

It seems to good to be true, so I'm wondering if these prices are all in US dollars. With such a major difference in the dollar now, it's probably not worth it.

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

Prices on B&H are in US dollars according to their International Policies

With the current going rate (1 USD = 1.25 CAN$), the prices are a lot less appealing unfortunately.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube