add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Where to get laptop deals?

NewbiePicker
  • 61 months ago

Hi All,

Thanks to all the people who share their knowledge and experiences on this site. I built my gaming desktop awhile back with the helps of many people's notes and comments here and Mucho Thank You for all the love!

Now I need a laptop just for everyday use. I bought my wife an AMD A8 Quad Core laptop with Windows 8 and touchscreen on Black Friday for $259.99. It only came with a 500G hard drive and 4G of ram, but for the price, I could not really complain. I am hating myself for not getting 2 back then because everywhere I look now, anything close to that costs at least $100 more. I know I probably won't be able to get the same or similar deals until next Black Friday. However, is there any place you guys go to look for a ready to go laptop that has decent performance at good prices?

I actually prefer AMD processors to Intel processors, but any solid laptop at a good price will do. Thanks for all the good suggestions in advance!

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm from Australia. My dad bought a Dell laptop for work. Specs:

• Some i7
  • 2GB of AMD GPU powah
  • 16GB of RAM
  • Backlit keyboard
  • 720p webcam
  • Awesome IPS display

Got it for $1100 (AUD). $500 off. On Dell's own website.

Deal.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I would agree. My first thought would be to point you in the Dell direction. You can find some kind of sale on and then do some customizing, depending on what you want. I'm a long time gamer and back in the day, AMD was the way to go for processors. Today's i5's and i7's by Intel are somewhat outperforming the AMD. Yeah yeah that's all a huge *** debate I know. At any rate, I have worked with numerous computers over the years and Dell desktops and laptops aren't difficult to work on/repair/upgrade. Good luck.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube