add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Micro Center sale next month

paca0502
  • 62 months ago

FYI February is "build it yourself month" at Micro Center, so there will be even better deals on pretty much everything.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Just went there and put in my application for weekend job. Love that place

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

hope newegg will compete with them by making crazy deals ( CPU + Mobo combo madness ) .

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Newegg has plenty of customers they don't need to, microcenter does those combos to draw customers into their stores. Those combos are still nice though.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, I just built a gaming rig using all micro center purchases. Oh well. New Egg lost my business because they said Micro Center was not a qualified online retailer for their price match policy Iron Egg guarantee. I live within a half hour from both stores and I think I made the right choice. The guy that helped me at Micro Center was pretty cool and spent about an hour with me.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

wow what a bunch of self aggrandized douches. I think thehy really know the problem is Micro Center can easily kick their *** in prices and frequently do; they just mad bro.

I was non too impressed with New Egg return policies and expenses. Last thing I needed to return would have cost me $35 in shipping and a huge restock fee; wasn't even worth it... I wouldn't have even got half the money back on something I accidentally purchased that was new in the box never opened.

Yeah I'll double check before using New Egg in the future. Micro Center or Amazon Prime are way better and more customer friendly options.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Absolutely. I paid only $279.99 for ai7 4790k at micro center. That's $40.00 less anyone else. So I applied that savings to a bigger and better case. The money still went back into the store and I was happy to do it.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I got one from them last summer for $279.99, and then got another one this past December for $249.99 but this time took advantage of the combo deal and picked up another Asus VII Hero Motherboard for $179.99. Amazon (the lowest online) wanted $210 for the motherboard, which is what I paid on the first one I got last summer.

Yes, I built two identical machines recently.

And while we're talking about Micro Center, I gotta say that when I saw the Corsair 760T case in person I was awestruck. I got a white one in the summer and a black one this winter. When you see a case in person, it can really be different than seeing pictures online.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

No one will match Microcenter's CPU prices. Microcenter sells those as loss leaders, and considering that Newegg gets plenty of business from folks with no access to a Microcenter, there is no need for them to sell that item at a loss to attract more customers. Considering Newegg typically offers lower prices on almost everything else (typically without sales tax), they'll still get plenty of business from people nearby Microcenters.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Let's hope so. Hopefully they do a good deal on e.g. i5-4690k + MSI Z97 PC Mate, I'd drop the i5 into my g3258 box, and start watching for deals on other parts for an HTPC upgrade that I of course don't really need LOL.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

awesome....there is one really close to me...i had no idea it was even there :) i love the bay area sometimes

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

nah i was talking about the west coast. and it turns out they closed the Microcenter in santa clara

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I've been rather disappointed with the deals offered so far. Most of it seems to be that a few GPUs and RAM kits have been marked down to market level instead of the usual ridiculous markup they have on those products. There's a couple of decent deals on cases, but that will probably only save you a couple dollars at most.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

I wasn't too impressed either. They have a free mobo deal with certain FX processors but that seemed like the best thing, and I'm not sure how good those mobos were to start with.

Maybe the other weeks will be better...

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

The 8320E is $100 right now too. I might be building a PC for my stepbrother soon, and that was a candidate for the CPU. The free Mobos that they hand out with those are adequate, if you aren't overclocking. If you're overclocking, the cheap AMD boards are liable to fry your CPU. Also, the free Mobos are usually only $5-15 anyway. The GPU prices are nice, though, considering how convenient my Microcenter is and I might grab one in the next month.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube