add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Vidoe Card Sagging

HolySchmitt5

58 months ago

So, I build my computer about three weeks ago. My video card is sagging in the case. It isn't causing any problems. The case has no windows so you can't see it, but it bothers me knowing that it's in there like that. It's fully secured. I know some people say fishing line works to fix this problem. As my BX doesn't sell fishing line that'll take a couple weeks to get. Does anyone have on quick solutions to help me out?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Wtf is a BX?

String, a wooden rod under it, build a bracket and screw it to the case, get an actual gpu support rod (hard to find), lay computer sideways... Gpu sag can destroy a motherboard...

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

BX is Base Exchange. Sorry, and okay thanks for the advice.I'll try it today.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, ok, now it makes sense... I figured it was some gas station chain in a hick town that might double as a general store... It really made no sense till you said base. Now it makes total sense lol. Just never saw it abbreviated like that before so it threw me off lol.

It is a little surprising they don't have fishing line though... Those places can be quite huge in many places. If they have a small sewing kit, you can use thread.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I know some places have huge ones that sell everything but mine is small. I ended up using a zip tie to connect it to the wires above it which ended up working perfectly. Thanks again.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't connect it to the wires... If you don't have a fan above it, you can punch 2 holes in the top of the case to loop through, or a drive cage if there's one higher in the case.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't connect the actualy GPU to the wires. Just wires with wires which raised it up from being higher.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube