add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

To get or not to get a CD/DVD reader. That is the question..

Volgrand

58 months ago

More than troubleshooting that's a doubt I have. I am assembling a list but I don't know if it has included a CD-DVD device on it, and I can't find any part with it appart of the blue-ray reader/recorders.

Yeah, I'm a newfag on this things, hahaha.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RWCqWZ

Thank you for your patience :)

PS: How do I post a whole pcpartpicker build list in the message?

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Welcome fellow 4channer.

You do not have an optical drive currently included in that build. CD/DVD drives are included with the bluray players under optical drives. I think if you can afford it, you should probably get one, but don't stretch your budget to do so.

You post a build list (BOM) using the Export/Markup button in the upper right-hand corner of the build screen.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your help!

Can I ask some information about what does it mean the different values of the optical drives? Ok, BD = Blue ray, DVD = DVD, CD = CD (captain obvious strikes again!). But what does it mean the numbers, such as BD=6, DVD=7, CD=24, BD write 6/2/2/2, etc...?

thank you in advance for your patience.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't know what all of those numbers mean, but the first numbers corresponding to each drive type should be telling you the relative speed at which the drive reads the disc - bigger numbers are better, obviously.

For your purposes, however, I can tell you that it's probably a safe bet to just buy the cheapest drive of the type you want; you won't use it often enough to care about a few seconds' difference in read/write speeds.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much guys, you helped me a lot :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube