add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Bios Help

Andrew05

58 months ago

I have my computer up and running fine except one major problem. When my computer first boots and the press-delete-for-bios screen shows up, the screen is gigantic. When I press delete to enter the bios, it is also gigantic and half of the bios info doesn't fit on the screen. If I click any button in the bios, it completely freezes up and I have to manually turn off my computer and turn it back on. This only happens when I plug in my Graphics card. It works perfectly fine without the graphics card. I've already RMA'd the graphics card and mobo thinking that was the issue. I also tried testing both sticks of memory by themselves and that didn't work either. When I load up windows, everything works perfectly. Screen size is perfect. No issues whatsoever. Any help would be appreciated.

My computer specs

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258

Mobo: MSI Z97 PC MATE

GPU: MSI R9 280 gaming 3gb

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: XFX 550W ATX12V

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Uploaded some pics:

The splash screen: http://i.imgur.com/beCZopw.jpg

In this bios: http://i.imgur.com/pPXUbaM.jpg

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

A bios Problem would stem from the MOBO.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Since the GOP works fine, suspect compatibility/design issue with video card and/or display.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube