add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ability to manually override part prices on part lists

philip

79 months ago

Just a quick FYI - I'm finishing up some changes that will allow you to enter your own prices for parts in a part list. In a nutshell, for each part you'll be able to:

• Choose the cheapest available price
  • Override to show price from a specific retailer
  • Import price paid information from your inventory (more on this in a bit)
  • Enter your own price paid information manually

Some of you have seen the "inventory" feature that inadvertently rolled out a while back in an incomplete state. That was by accident - it was something I used internally but hadn't figured out a way to incorporate it into the site for general usage. Now I'll be turning it on for public use, so that it can be used more effectively with custom prices.

Custom prices will also roll out to completed builds, so you'll be able to mark what you actually paid for components.

Cheers, Philip

EDIT: This functionality is now live. Read more here.

Comments

• 79 months ago
  • 2 points

Awesome! I remember the inventory and really liked it, now I can get to it by sing the /inventory, but can only delete parts, so I have a few parts stuck in the inventory right now!

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds great Philip! Looking forward to it.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

maybe add an account setting to choose whether or not to use amazon prime, newegg preferred, etc. pricing and shipping?

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

To help plan and recognize trends, I suggest being able to sort parts by minimum accepted specs or max price, maybe as a preference item. Most knowledgeable part pickers have acquired biases.

VTWoodChuck

• 78 months ago
  • 0 points

How to add combo specials??

Frys.com

AMD-FX6300 & MSI 970A-G43 COMBO $163 PLUS $10 MIR TOTAL $153 FRYS.COM 7723278

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube