add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cheaper to buy local or online portal?

anishpillay2002
  • 1 month ago

Is it cheaper to buy the parts at the local computer parts dealer or Microcenter than Amazon/Newegg? Is there any benefit in buying local?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Local shop no they don't have the volume of sales to get good deals.

Micro center usually has good combo deals.

You can check the other prices online.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thank you

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

A bit of both. I got a really good deal from a local shop that I found on the internet, but other parts I found cheapest on the internet, and more expensive in store.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

would see if store price matches online stores.. but yes buying local has benefits.. if buying a hdd i like to buy in person.. have you seen the youtube videos of people bringing your stuff to your door? buying local also supports your community

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I personally prefer to buy online since I do not have to pay taxes on most online orders, and they deliver it to my door.

Microcenter will match online prices, but again, you have to pay tax, which for me is around 10%.

There are a few deals that you can't beat microcenter on no matter where you shop, like on CPUs and Mobo combos. But for RAM / PSU / Case, it's best to shop newegg / amazon for the best deals.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube