add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upload speed unstable?

tan3xx
  • 3 months ago

I’ve been streaming on twitch for about a year now with no issues all of a sudden my upload speed is very unstable I have 500 mbps download and 30 upload I normally get around 22 to 25 stable connection when all of a sudden yesterday my stream was dropping frames left and right and became unbearable the connection went from 6000 kbps to 400kbps and even lower and kept fluctuating. I had the internet company come out and they left before they even let me test it and I still have the same problem out of the blue. They are coming back tomorrow but I think I’m gonna tell them to replace my router and modem. Any other ideas of what it might be? Everything was working fine until yesterday.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

have your ISP test the line inside and out. Do your homework BEFORE they come and do a few internet speed tests. Take an image of the bad speed test results to show when they make the appointment.

If you dont know the cause of the issue, DONT just say replace my hardware. That is not smart and could be a huge waste of money.

since this issue has not been going on long, it may be back to normal by the time you read this :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube