add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC hissing noise

Pine_Cone_776

5 months ago

My pc fans are making a hissing noise... they are apevia 12l rgb fans. IT 100% ISNT THE GPU! the noise was happening and the gpu fans weren’t spinning. it happens every time i open pc building simulator. any ideas?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

One comment I would make, the GPU fan's spinning or not spinning would necessarily relate to coil whine you may be hearing. Given that game is unlikely very demanding, you could likely be hitting a very high FPS number from the get go when launching the game which in turn can mean more coil whine.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

A hissing noise? Are they spinning faster when you open that app?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

The noise starts right away, but the GPU fans take a minute to get spinning. btw i had a saved part list but that’s not the same pc.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, but are the case fans running faster when you start that app? what's different that causes the noise? I've never heard a fan make a hissing sound...

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

The fans do spin faster over time, but the noise starts as soon as i open the game. I’ll make a part list of my specs.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

it was a prebuilt, my parents didn’t let me build one rip

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $129.20 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $93.91 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Green 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $38.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $66.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card PowerColor Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card $179.89 @ OutletPC
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400S ATX Mid Tower Case $84.00 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.95 @ Amazon
Custom Apevia 412L-RGB Spectra 120mm Silent Dual Ring Addressable RGB Color Changing LED Fan with Remote Control, 16x LEDs & 8X Anti-Vibration Rubber Pads (4-pk) $30.99 @ Amazon
Custom adata xpg 8gb silver
Custom prebuilts be like
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $723.72
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-15 19:47 EDT-0400
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd be tempted to unplug the apevia fans just to make sure that they are really the cause. Then if possible plug them back in one at a time. How are they set up? If intakes and exhausts are very unbalanced, they may be flowing more intake than the exhaust can handle (or vice versa), such that the hissing is actually airflow through various case openings. If that's what is happening, you can either rebalance the fan directions, or just live with it as it's not necessarily bad.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

There are only 2 fans (prebuilts make me mad) but it’s a push pull so the airflow is very good. it’s a modified P400 called a P418x which has 2 vents on the front panel. I personally think it’s the hard drive.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube