add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Waiting on first build parts in the mail..

wesmane

3 months ago

Been a console player 26 years, decided to see what the pc hype was about. Bought a prebuilt rig from best buy. Sold xbox 2 months later. Tasted power, wanted more. Sold PC, saved for 5 months ordered parts for first build. Now I'm sitting here with 90% of my components and the rest wont get here until next friday. What the hell does a man do while waiting on his parts to arrive!!!?!?! I want to get this thing built!

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're like me, nothing. I sit around and do whatever I can to not think about the parts sitting in the living room. I don't like to start building when I don't have all the parts.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I just waited until i had a day off from work. I had all of my parts but i wanted a whole day because i wasn't an expert and still not.

Just a tip of advice dont watch build guides during the wait period because that will make your thirst for building more insatiable.

Probably doesn't help im the type of person to wait until i get everything and take pictures of my parts boxes before i start building.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

The longer you wait for something, the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Because anything worth having, is definitely worth waiting.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Waiting for your parts to arrive is the most agonizing part of any build. Especially, and this has happened on many occasions, when you have everything you need other than a single component that decides to take a week or longer to arrive after everything else. It's torture.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I sit at the order status page clicking refresh every few minutes. Or at least it feels like that lol.

Early 2017 when I built my Ryzen Stealth build I had waited nearly a whole month for my motherboard since on the initial release of the Ryzens had a motherboard shortage and that was annoying. I could not even build most of the PC because it was the motherboard that I had to wait for, if it was the ram it wouldn't be so annoying.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Play your Switch? If you don't have one, get a Switch.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube