add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming / 3D Modeling and Printing PC

effektz

1 month ago

Hello all!

I thought I would get some inputs on a new system I want to build as the AMD processors and GPU are out now.

Budget Range: around $1200 (can go higher if it’s worth it)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming 3D Modeling Adobe Design

Are you buying a monitor: No Already have a Samsung 49” CHG90 Gaming monitor

Parts Preferences: AMD as the monitor has FreeSync built in

Overclocking: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 3840x1080

Additional Comments: Planning to play PC games such as CS:GO, Fortnite, Apex Legends and would like to get up to 144 FPS.

Also I do a lot of work in Fusion 360, Adobe Illustrator and 3D printing applications such as Simplify 3D and would like a build that could handle the work.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $74.00 @ Adorama
Storage Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $59.99 @ Adorama
Storage Seagate - Barracuda Compute 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $149.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card $409.99 @ B&H
Case Fractal Design - Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case $50.28 @ Walmart
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $96.00 @ SuperBiiz
Custom 3600+ ASRock X570 Steel Legend ATX AM4 AMD Motherboard $349.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1190.23
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-20 00:50 EDT-0400

Lucky for you, there is a Microcenter in Dallas! That's where the CPU/mobo comes in play.

And for the AMD, all there is out for the 5700 and 5700XT are blowers, so the 2060 Super is a possible placeholder depending on how soon this is needed.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The Radeon RX 5700 XT compares to the RTX 2070 Super while costing less. The custom cooler cards come out in mid-August if you like open air cooler on the card instead of the blower design. Although AMD invested a lot of time and effort into improving the Radeon RX 5700 series reference coolers, they aren't quiet, but they aren't loud either. The blower could be useful though, as blower-style coolers expel hot air out of the rear of your system, while dual-axial fans dump it back into your PC, requiring your PC to have more adequate air flow from multiple case fans.

The K500 case has excellent looks and great airflow due to the mesh front, tempered glass and two RGB fans in the front.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $329.00 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - X570-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $159.99 @ Newegg
Memory Team - T-Force Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $74.99 @ Newegg
Storage Corsair - MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $76.18 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $79.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Sapphire - Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card $399.99 @ B&H
Case Cooler Master - MasterBox K500 ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $83.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1274.02
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-20 01:31 EDT-0400
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Nice build, but I strongly disagree about that case having good airflow. I just used one in a build this month and I was beyond disappointed with it. The entire construction is very cheap and that front mesh-like material is actually a solid aluminum sheet with tiny holes that doesn't allow for as much intake as it appears. Oh, and there's no dust filter behind it or any other additional cutouts for intake. The case looks nice and that's about all it really has going for it. There are much better cases for the money.

Edit: My full review of the case can be found on its product page. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xbbwrH/cooler-master-masterbox-k500-phantom-gaming-edition-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case-mcb-k500d-kgnn-asr

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'll be recommending the MasterBox NR600 instead then, the reviews look good for it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube