add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rate/critique my gaming build

Lucrettert

1 month ago

Spent some time on this one and added an couple hundred dollars over my original build but think this will last me a lot longer.

I'm happy with my cpu choice, 2600x and a 2060 gpu to go along with it. I don't think I will be over clocking it to start.

Is my mobo and ram a good combo to pair with those? I got lost in trying to research ram timing and all that, so hoping those will work well?

Anything I can save a bit of money on?

I also need a monitor, what would pair good with my setup?

Let me know if I missed anything or should swap out anything.

Thanks!

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/DVs9fH

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

-3 way too expensive RAM. 2 less of the CAS isn't worth $76 IMO.

-.5 could get a better PSU:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $189.88 @ Mike's Computer Shop
Motherboard MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard $174.99 @ Newegg Canada
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $85.99 @ Newegg Canada
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $94.99 @ Amazon Canada
Video Card MSI - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Z Video Card $509.00 @ Canada Computers
Case Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case $109.99 @ Newegg Canada
Power Supply Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $119.99 @ Amazon Canada
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit $113.00 @ Amazon Canada
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1397.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-17 20:01 EDT-0400
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Everything looks really good. I would replace your Samsung SSD with a Crucial or Western Digital Blue 1tb model. They'll only run you about 10 bucks more expensive for double the capacity. Also, I don't think the 2060 is a good value card, but it's certainly a powerful one and seems fine. You could pair it with a 144hz 1080p monitor or probably a 75hz 1440p monitor for a reasonable price.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the ssd advice, I'll switch that now.

Probably going to stick with the 2060 but just for argument sake, what would you run instead?

Thanks I'll look for a monitor with those specs

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Personally, the only thing that bothers me is the price. Most models seem to run around $400 American (apologies, not familiar with your currency conversion up there) and they have a lot of competition offering comparable performance for cheaper prices. While a bit slower, the 1660ti can be picked up for $100 dollars cheaper in some places and the used market is also flooded with used GTX 1080s and Vega 56/64s that deliver performance within a reasonable margin of the 2060 as well. If you waited about a month you'd start to see a lot of models of the new Navi RX 5700 coming out too. Still cheaper than the 2060 and trades blows in performance with the new refreshed Super 2060.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it by any means, though. It's an outstanding card. I just hate the price. GPU market is a complete mess right now and we're being charged ridiculous prices for mid/high mainstream products.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard is a good one but really more than you need for what you're doing here. I suggest an Asrock B450 Pro4 at under $130. and I agree with the other changes.

As for the GPU, it depends on whether you want to end up at 1080p or 1440p, and whether you insist on high/ultra settings or don't mind turning down a few effects here and there. A 1660 Ti is a good 1080p GPU for gaming that will generally keep you up around 100-ish fps (depends on game of course) at nice settings. If you're more into maxing out graphics detail, stick with the 2060.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube