add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is it okay to place things on the bottom (where the fan is) of my psu?

Oscar_Deane

1 month ago

So, I bought an SFX psu and only one screw hole can be screwed into my case which is a mid tower case. I do have an adapter, but in order for my psu to be screwed into that, it needs to be slightly elevated to reach the right screwhole height. I have found some pads that go on the bottom of chairs so they don't scratch the floor and I'm wondering if when I place them on the bottom of each corner, will there be a problem. I'm placing the pads on the side where the fan is and on the area where it's not in the way of the opening to the fan. My psu is the Silverstone - 500 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply and my case is the H500. Thanks for the help -Oscar

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If it is not covering the fan it shouldn't be a problem for airflow, that being said it sounds like it might be easier just to return the SFX power supply and get an ATX one. That way it will fit in your case just fine.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking that I might return it, but it’s going to cost me to ship it back plus ten percent so I think I’ll just keep it for cost purposes - thanks for the response too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube