add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
remo346

1 month ago

I tried doing a fresh install of windows on my m.2 and now I think it’s dead. I used Asus secure erase and I’m pretty sure my ssd was incompatible with it. Now every time I try to download windows onto it I get the error message 0x80300002.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Try this:

1. Download Linux (Ubuntu or Mint, they both have GParted) and flash it onto a USB drive with a tool like Rufus.
  2. Boot the Linux USB and open GParted.
  3. Go to Device > New Patition Table, select gpt, and press OK. (This will erase the entire drive)
  4. Right click the empty space > New Parition > NTFS > OK, and then in the box that appears at the bottom: Right click > Apply All Operations > OK.

I used those steps to make a bricked USB drive work again, so it should work on an SSD.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help. I forgot to mention earlier that my hard drive also wasnt accepting windows. I did what you said to my m.2 but I think it’s a lost cause. After I removed my ssd and did the same thing to my HDD. I was able to boot using my hard drive so thanks for the help. My ssd is permanently bricked but that’s ok. My pc is just gonna be a bit slower until my other ssd comes in the mail. I probably would have never been able to fix without the help. Thanks bro

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Also I have a wd blue 3D nand 250gb pc ssd

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube