add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Saggy_b

6 months ago

I have a phanteks p300 with only the 1 stock fan it comes with, and I have a 2700x with wraith spire cooler and a 2070. while playing rust with every setting on max the temp got to 85, I know over 80 is bad and should avoid over 80 but considering it was rust on ultra do yall think it will be okay?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

The 2700X will begin thermal throttling past 85c. It would be ideal to stay under 80 for longevity reasons but technically, you aren't going to damage anything up to 85c.

If it makes you feel better, I also run a 2700X on a stock cooler as well as a 2070. Mine gets up to 80 fast and stays around 82/83 on long gaming sessions. I'm not sure what the deal is because I've reapplied thermal paste three times with no difference. I also have 6 be quiet! PWM fans in my tower...

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

So you think ill be okay?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Like I said, it isn't ideal so I would still attempt to figure out a solution for it but I don't think there's a need not to game or use your PC until then. I'm actively trying to fix mine. Currently trying to figure out undervolting to see if that helps otherwise I might buy an AIO as a last resort.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Could be that I only have 1 fan.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

It could be. You would really want 2 intakes and 1 exhaust.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube