add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I switch a PSU?

mat4pat

1 month ago

Hello, good day.

So for a lot of time now, I had my old computer up to date, and obviously, I want a new computer, now I've arranged all the components and I already have a PSU on my current PC(old) which is the SS(SeaSonic)-750JS. Now since it's 750 watts it will be capable of standing the power of my future PC, all I'm asking is to check if it's okay, if it won't have any problems with my PC build, the power supply is very old so I'm afraid that it won't work because you know, the power supply is old and it's going to how some bottleneck the whole system, thanks.

My future PC system: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/k9TkxG

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the age of the PSU, if it's over 5 years I'd use a new PSU for a new system because PSU degrade over time. Especially as Seasonic have discontinued that PSU. One would tend to ask why it was discontinued, if a PSU is popular and has nothing fundamentally wrong with it I'd imagine it'd stay in production.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube