add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Buzzing noise coming from new pc

GR4SS_BLOCK

1 month ago

I just finished building my first pc. Whenever I turn on the switch to the power supply I hear a electric buzzing sound coming from the PC (I think its from the PSU). Is this normal?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/GR4SS_BLOCK/saved/#view=JWL27P

UPDATE: The PC only makes the buzzing noise after I turn it on and then off. So it doesn't make the sound when it is turned on.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I have a Corsair CX450M Power Supply. When my PC is turned off, I hear a light, electric buzzing noise coming from the power supply. I simply switch the power supply off until I need to use my PC the next day. It doesn't seem to affect my PC and delivers the mentioned wattage to my PC fine.

EDIT: If your power supply is obnoxiously loud, I would recommend to RMA, return, exchange or get a refund and buy another power supply.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Oh, ok thanks. So I just have to turn off the switch

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I found if you turn off the switch, the power supply doesn't make any noise, as it is getting no power. I don't worry about it too much because I can't hear it when my PC is on, and sometimes it doesn't make the low electric buzzing noise

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I have a bunch of Corsair PSU and found out about an issue I have with them that causes a quiet buzzing sound. It's the auto-sensor for the power depending on what country your in, i.e. 240v or 110v. Previously, PSU had a mechanical switch, some still do, but Corsair' circuit is known to buzz, mine do.

I assume your issue is either that or you have bee's in your PC.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I think its the bee's not the PSU

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube