add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

When i try to turn on my computer no display is showing up

Crafty137

4 months ago

Just got a new motherboard and an i9 9900k but every time I try to boot up the computer it seems like no signal is going to the monitors. I have tried two different graphics cards, no luck, and i have tried multiple HDMI cables along with multiple monitors. I have also tried two different power supplies. Does anyone know a fix? Also when i boot up the computer an ez debug light comes on for the ram but it turns off like 1 second later so i am not really sure if that means anything. Thanks

Specs: i9 9900k 1080 Asus turbo 8gb 32gb of ram, 4 sticks lpx vegence MSI mpg z390 mother board xplus power supply 725w & evga supernova 650w

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Try the RAM stick one at a time and see if it boots up to rule out a bad stick. Since the motherboard is the new component I would lean towards that to start. Look for any bent pins on the LGA socket, and exchange where you bought it or RMA it.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried one ram stick at a time and nothing worked. I previously had a different motherboard where every time I booted the computer up it would crash after 13 seconds and after getting the new one (the one I'm trying now) this is happening. Could it maybe be something else or did something go wrong with 2 motherboards in a row? Both were new... Also, I did not see any bent pins in the socket.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Was the CPU the same both times? Also did you remember to install the motherboard standoffs?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube