add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
DerpyAlpuca

5 months ago

I've recently traveled with my PC and I've checked on it after arrival. Plugging it in to the TV with HDMI and the GPU is not giving an output. I've tested that the cable and the TV is all working correctly and the GPU fan + RGB is lit up. I've read a lot of forums post but they all use integrated graphics to troubleshoot. Any help would be greatly appreciated https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m9m2GG

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

You should use your integrated graphics to troubleshoot. First just remove your card and attempt booting from onboard video. If you boot, change your graphics configuration to default to onboard so once you plug your card in again you'll still get video. Shut it down and plug the card back, still use onboard video to get into your BIOS and see if your card is detected there. Your mobo only has one PCI-E slot so, if you damaged your slot youd have to either attempt to fix it, or just get a new board but use a flashlight and see if you can make out any broken or bent connections in the slot. If you recently traveled with it, and all the sudden don't get video, my guess would be that you damaged the PCI-E slot at one point or another.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

The Ryzen 5 2600 doesn't have integrated GPU, unfortunately.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

ohhh I forgot about that, okay well then you might just be limited to looking for physical damage to the slot or PCI-E connection on the card itself or if you have another PCI-E card, like anything at all, you can at least test to see if the slot has functionality.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube