add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Motherboard refuses to boot into Windows, only shows various BIOS screens

piemancoder

4 months ago

So this computer was built a couple days ago and when it was built windows was set up fine and it worked except for a few graphics card driver issues. Then, after trying to install those drivers, the computer won’t even boot to an OS.

When you press the power button, it turns on, flashes the bios screen with all the buttons to press to get into the different menus for less than a second, then shows this screen for a couple seconds: https://i.imgur.com/kSWUeVJ.jpg

Afterwards, it shows a black screen for about a second then displays this: https://i.imgur.com/DxHrAjU.jpg for about 20 seconds, where it doesn't respond to any keypresses. Then the fans shut off, the screen goes black, and then the fans turn off, then the fans turn back on with the screen still black.

This is my friends computer who I helped him build, and he's stressing about it as it's his first build, so any help would be very very greatly appreciated!

Parts:

Ryzen 3 2200G APU
Gigabyte B450M DS3H Motherboard
8GB Patriot Ram
EVGA 550 N1 PSU
1tb Toshiba Hard drive

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Jeez 7 days, no replies. Well it looks like that first screenshot shows a raid controller error. But at the same time theres only 1 drive here so RAID doesn't make any sense. Take that drive out and try booting into the mobo BIOS just without a drive in it at all.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube