add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Spartan-Blu

6 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4nLggw

I recently built my PC and for some reason the monitor is fuzzy everywhere I go (Youtube, Twitch, Settings, etc), but it works completely fine in games. I have everything updated driver wise, but am not sure what it could be. I'm thinking a setting, but can't figure it out.

Maybe it's an AMD Adrenaline Software setting, but I'm not sure. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

well, its funny because i had a friend with a similar issue yesterday, except it was ONLY in a couple games and it turned out to be ambient occlusion of all the things!
if its doing this for you everywhere except games, that would definitely make this a different problem. first thing to check is if you monitor is running in its native resolution on the desktop. for instance, when I bought my QHD monitor (Dell S2716SDG revision A10; 2560x1440p) it was by default stuck on 1920x1080 and I had the same initial thought: "dang, did I just pay $450 for this??". so, yeah, check that first. sometimes I've had the Adrenaline driver do some stupid **** like this. I usually find that reinstalling it fixes most of the small issues (as is the case with most things).

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I’ll try

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

What monitor are you troubleshooting? Your part list does not currently specify one.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

MSI - Optix MAG241C

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

One thing that happened to me with my 144hz monitor was that my HDMI cable could only support 120hz, so when i set it to 144hz, the colors got messed up and the picture was fuzzy. Make sure you are at the correct refresh rate. I'd also try what The_Merovingian said.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I use display port and have tried 2 different ones. I feel like it is a monitor problem, because I tried a monitor from work and it works fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube