add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

If You Ruled The World

waj287

5 months ago

Congratulations! In an unprecedented move, all the world's governments--dysfunctional, flawed, actually pretty good, anything--have turned to you to accept the title of the most powerful person in the world.

The President of Earth.

You are above all other governments; but aside from you holding power, everything in the world remains the same.

Your term lasts eight years. What do you do?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 8 points

I would order a higher production rate and reduced price of my favorite new drink.

Strawberry banana Naked drink.

I know this is thinking big...

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

we have similar interests

• 5 months ago
  • 5 points

Reorganization of the government into the first Global Empire and be Emperor of Earth for life.

• 5 months ago
  • 11 points

I saw a documentary about someone doing this on the galactic scale. I think I saw him hanging on these forums once or twice. Kept mumbling about some new currency.

• 5 months ago
  • 10 points

That sounds really interesting, I should check that doc out. Wonder if it's on Netflix.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I’d try Disney+, I heard it was owned by Disney

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Kek

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I know people often write lol, but that is the first time in months that I have read something online that genuinely made me laugh out loud

• 5 months ago
  • 5 points

I would eat me some chicken

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

That sounds almost as good as my reply.

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

Create a official earth mine craft server for everyone on earth to use. no world limit and its on the biggest server ever. would b wild.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

You know how much trolling and griefing there would be?

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

trolling/griefing = death but in real life

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

start a world-wide campaign to bring pack pcpartpicker merchandise.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

...and find jipster

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

Force companies to have a 1% profit margin.

Richest 20% pay 80% of taxes

lowest 50% are free of taxes of ANY type (sales, income, estate, etc.)

• 5 months ago
  • -1 points

That means that there is no economic incentive to get more money.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Abolish money and change the focus of the human race towards achievement not the accumulation of wealth. This would instantly eliminate poverty everywhere on Earth because nobody would have any money and thus couldn't be richer or poorer than anyone else.

It would mean we could distribute the world's resources to providing what people need instead of what some wish to hoard.

It would mean there is no profit motive preventing us going all out for renewable energy to tackle climate change.

Inventions, discoveries, technologies and knowledge could be shared globally and progressed faster with more people having access.

People would get what they need, not more than they need, one car, not 20, one house or apartment etc..

Companies would still compete with each other to create the best products, but they would be judged on the desirability of their products, not how much profit they could make from consumers.

Drug companies could develop actual cures instead of treatments that require buying dose after dose.

Wealthy politicians would be replaced by ordinary citizens having good ideas on how to make things better.

With the advent of automation set to make millions unemployed, without the requirement for money people would be free to choose jobs or research they actually enjoy and are good at.

Without the worry and stress of having to acquire enough money to provide for their families society would be free to work on self improvement, social evolution, how to protect and care for the other species on this planet and how to progress beyond our own planet, to see what's actually out there.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

I would get rid of article 13 in Europe

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

If?

It's treason, then.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Reduce federal taxes in all countries and limit the governments to an extremely small role. And take down any legal barriers preventing space expansion. And if all went according to plan there would be hundreds if not thousands of companies working on space expansion. This would open up millions of jobs all over the earth. And my only request would to be made king of Mars once colonized.

And at the end of my term return al countries to their independence and let then decide on their own constitution and laws. The. retire because over the years I was taking my salary I received as President of Earth and investing it into hundreds of companies that are now leading expansion into the solar system. And then when I get to Mars and am crowned king, set up my monarchy as a very limited government. Then live out my days going back and fourth from Mars to Earth. And then when I grow old and die, my body will launched into the endless expanse that is space. So that hundreds or even thousands of years in the future my body is found and the people remember me for the great leader I was.

Or just sit in my office and play Skyrim for the 8 years.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Make a new law that my term lasts indefinitely. I'd tell everyone that we'll eventually have an actual election since I love democracy.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Make an IRL Battle Royale. Get all the people sentenced to death to fight it out in the Amazon or something. The winner would take my place, possibly plunging the world into chaos.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Hire scientists to develop secret technology that will make people gods and make myself a god and go for the head of THANOS.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Kill all Nazi's and every member of all terrorist groups.

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

I would allow everyone the freedom of political opinion.

I wouldn’t do anything to the Nazis with the exception of those who broke American law. The terrorists would be jailed or executed based on crimes proven to be committed.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Wow, someone who doesn't want to silence political opponents through summary executuions? Nice.

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

Please be kind to the very fine nazis and terrorists.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure I'd go that far, lol.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Extermination of "Noobmaster69"

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Actual free cake.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Actual free cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xLVySuwbOo#t=55

Let them eat cake is a lie.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

The cake is a lie!!!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point
  • The primary goal would be to setup the governmental system such that it will remain functional for a long time; something similar to that of the USA. This would also include standardization of currency and the demarcation of borderlines for local governments.
  • Next would be the creation of global militant forces to combat the threats of cartels, terrorism, etc.
  • I would then attempt to streamline productivity based on concepts of the EU, the World Systems Theory, and however Japan manages to do it.
  • Step 4 is the standardization of vaccinations (legally required) and proper medical practice.
  • The final major point on the agenda would be the integration of the governmental space agencies.

Other goals that might not be feasibly completed within 8-years, but I could get the ball rolling: a more-or-less forced green revolution in Africa, creation of actually steady jobs especially in South America and Africa, a worldwide schooling system with inclusion of the metric system /Le Systeme International d’Unites and a legal Lingua Franca, and a more even distribution of the nuclear arsenal.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

streamline productivity based on.....however Japan manages to do it.

Depending on the metric you go by, Japan is one of the least productive nations in the world. May want to go another route, lol.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, must have deluded myself along the line somewhere. Thanks.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Global communism.

/s

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

The /s is because you meant to say space communism.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Just when you thought Communism couldn't get any more dangerous.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Try desperately to enforce an outdated 20th century ideology because im an angsty teenager and i only watch political content off what social media recommend to me after all im smarter than the average person because i think so!

But most importantly i'd ban Pepsi, dont think theres a single person on this planet that would disagree with that. Coca Cola is free for all, and all must consume it.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, first I would extend my term by double, just to make sure I would have enough time to complete my goals. Then I would 'accidentally' bomb China, as they have caused enough issues lately to warrant it.

I would find the best minds in the world and bring them together to finally figure out cancer, and to solve world hunger as well. These guys would(or I guess should) be abe to solve the greatest problems in the world right now. Well, except stupidity. There is no cure for that.

I would also set up a democratic republic just as the US is, including all of the amendments. Its worked well for centuries. It should work on a larger scale, right?

I finally would set myself up for retirement, with a large income, and millions put into a personal retirement fund.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

“Its worked well for centuries. It should work on a larger scale, right?”

I’ve always wondered about this. How would the American system of a Representative Republic work on a global scale? I believe the best (and only) way to do so would be to add another register to the governmental tier system. There would be a local government, inter-imperium (Latin), and federal government. We’d have the local governments remain the same because their purpose wouldn’t really change. The federal government would be as it is now except with a more intricate senatorial system and being “in control” of the entire world. It should be fairly obvious, however, that one federal government in this fashion would not be able to keep up with all of humanities needs and desires. So I propose the inter-imperium: a governmental system similar to that of the federal level, but only controlling a single continent or similar region. This would allow more speedy responses in each region of the globe like a local government, but also having the wide powers of the federal.

Interesting situation. I might try to publish a book or something on it one day if I work out the logistics of the interplay between the three registers. Your thoughts?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I think that extra level would be vital to keeping a good control over the world. I would even go as far as maybe having a separate government for each of the larger countries, like Russia and the US, and grouping smaller countries together into larger areas of government. The only real problem would be countries reluctant to join such a group government like that, and wanting to stay independent. I think it would work kind of like The Roman Empire did back in the first couple centuries AD. The only difference would be the sheer scale of the world, and the government would be more like United States government, filling in the gaps the Romans left in their governmental framework. The Roman Empire lasted for multiple centuries before collapsing, and the US I feel has a long history ahead if it. Modeling after the two seems like the best idea.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Though, I’m sort of partial to the idea of not maintaining the borders of any of the larger original countries. It seems an open invitation to a nationalist rebellion.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure that there is a FM radio station somewhere playing 'Hey Jude' at all times.

• 5 months ago
  • 0 points

floss and dab

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube