add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My Website

ZFGeek

5 months ago

So, I am trying this. I am going to open my site up to the public until tonight. The purpose is so I can get some feedback from you guys on the site, as in, what could be better, or what needs to be changed. I need some of you guys to go to the site and navigate around on it. Give me some feedback. It would be extremely helpful! Thanks!
pcspecifics.x10host.com

Note: the site will not be officially open to the public for a while yet, I just want some early feedback now instead of waiting until the site opens.

Edit: I've decided to keep it open until tomorrow. The site will close back down in between 8 A.M. and 9 A.M., so if you plan on visiting the test site, please do it before then. Thanks!

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

I'm only going to tell you the most immediate issue for me: that homepage image needs to be vector-based (at least, the text! I mean, the text is simple HTML and even the boxes surrounding it are basic CSS elements). A rasterized image is not effective on high-density displays. In your case, any display over 1200 x 550, which is basically every modern display.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I’ll look into it. Thanks!

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

Its a good start, you might want to work on color shading to add to the appeal of the site. Navigation is pretty good. Site appeal and info is easy to get to without much work. If you want to see some of the websites i did, let me know, and i will send you a message. I dont want admins to think i am starting to "advertise on the site.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, I was a little worried about that with this, but staff doesn't seem to care as long as I am asking for advice. It might actually be helpful to see your sites for a sort of reference. Thanks!

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

What's with the Galatians 6:4 in the header?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s a verse from the Bible. If you scroll down, it is spelled out at the bottom of the description.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

A lil weird, but okay.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I am a Christian, and I kind of wanted to integrate that in a passive way into the website.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

... But why? Your website isn't religious in nature, so why the material?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I know that, but I still wanted to include it. I put it in in such a way to wwhere it doesn't seem like I'm pressuring anyone with it. Honestly, you forget about it when using the site for more than a minute.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

It looks very nice and a cool concept.

You misspelled Galatians though

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, darn, I missed that! Thanks!
Edit: Fixed typo!

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you everyone who gave feedback on my site!

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Lmao my school already blocked it of course.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't find the account creation page.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I don’t have that set up yet, because, as I said, the site isn’t officially open, only for testing.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, f.

Good job so far! :)

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

There is a Raspberry Pi in the background which is not a PC /s

other than that I liked the site

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm...well, the main site has a an actual computer PCB. Thanks!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Sad that i didnt get to see it

• 5 months ago
  • -3 points

Are you...competing with PCPartPicker? Not cool dude

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

No, they are kinda the inspiration, but I more did it to learn about wordpress, and what it takes to run a site.

Anyways, how can a kid like me compete with PCPP?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube