add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What keeps you coming to this site?

waj287

5 months ago

Even though I do own a PC (created from this site, of course) I have yet to actually put the build on here and spend a lot of my time here on the forums. I just enjoy coming here and talking with a lot of other PC enthusiasts.

So what keeps you coming back? The community? The concept? Builds?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 14 points

Watching people argue in OT.

• 5 months ago
  • 10 points

No they don't. No one argues in the OT forum. You are wrong.

• 5 months ago
  • 6 points

You have a point, but have you considered that maybe some people like arguing?

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

Good point, but have you considered that you're wrong?

• 5 months ago
  • 5 points

Both of you are wrong. No one likes arguing; they do it to prove their case.

• 5 months ago
  • 5 points

That's a decent point. But, have you considered what you think is people proving their case, is arguing?

• 5 months ago
  • 10 points

I'm here so I can live long enough to get GorkBucks.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

I am still waiting as well

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

Same, along with the other store. It's called the karma store meme store

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

We all await for the mystic Gorkbucks to be bestowed upon us, but only those worthy will recieve.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

still waiting...

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

The GorkBucks smile upon you this day. See above for your awarded 3 GorkBucks. May you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand, and may the last embrace of the mother welcome you home.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I can finally die in peace now.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I thank thee for thy gracious offer.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I have been blessed by the power of the almighty gorkti200. I have ascended to a higher plane of existence.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

You actually already had 1 GorkBuck. Out of everyone in this chain you are the only one who had any.

That being said, you've still been awarded 3 GorkBucks in our giveaway of the day! Cherish them.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

LMAO thx

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

See above about your award of 3 GorkBucks.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Good news, everyone!

Due to the intense interest in obtaining GorkBucks in this thread, a GorkBucks giveaway has been initiated. Everyone who expressed interest in this chain has been awarded with 3 GorkBucks. Keep them safe and spend them wisely, GorkBuck giveaways don't happen every day!

I have also taken this opportunity (in the spirit of PCPP redesigns, I suppose!) to revamp the master list for GorkBucks into a simple table, which helps to reduce the verticality of the list as well as the readability.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

verticality

I like it.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points
V E R T I C A L I T Y
  • 5 months ago
  • 1 point

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I would like to make a motion according to Article 6, Section 182 of the International Bank of Gork to absorb the Capital of Gork Bucks acquired by Venezuela to me. This motion is made requested by The Senate himself.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I write to inform you that the Bank of Gork (henceforth referred to as BoG) does not recognize any authority of "The Senate" over the operations of our customer accounts. The BoG must insist that you abstain from any further attempts to meddle with the accounts of our customers. Any attempts at tampering with the accounts of other customers shall result in a forfeiture of GorkBucks and the cancellation of your BoG account. Thank you.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

This is outrageous, it’s unfair.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Take a seat, young Senate.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

In response to the direct threat to the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, I propose that the International Bank of Gork give immediate emergency powers to the Ben Bernanke.

• 5 months ago
  • 5 points

It keeps me busy while I'm sitting at school doing nothing. Also come here for the debate threads.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

This is basically me

• 4 months ago
  • 0 points

Me too

• 5 months ago
  • 5 points

Doling out GorkBucks to the worthy. Arguing politics in OT. Looking at featured builds that are really cool. Occasionally looking at GPUs and thinking "is this the time I upgrade?" and then deciding my GTX 980 is still doing just fine. Posting a completed build of my own about once a year on average so far.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

Arguing politics in OT.

Hmmm, never came across one of those.

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

It's kind of a niche activity, not surprised you've never heard of it.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

That’s a good thing. Politics tend to get heated pretty fast on here. I have some unpopular political views and things get bad that it usually leads to downvote sprees, Philip deleting loads of comments, and locked threads.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

I often get into debates/discussions/arguments (about PC tech) and it keeps me sharp. By doing this, I often learn new perspectives or viewpoints that I hadn't considered before.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

This forum section keeps me returning for a number of reasons....

1. There is a huge age gap between me and most other users, so it is interesting to see the concerns and interests of those younger than me.

2. I can be kind of a jerk sometimes with my replies, and I never get any flack for it - I may get a argument against my thoughts/opinions and they are always respectful - never get any that say "you are a moron/a**hole/dumb$hit..." or whatever. It goes both ways - I never do that either because everyone has their justification/reasoning for an opinion/idea/thought.

3. Sometimes there are some really fun topics. The food one - but haven't replied yet.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

"yOu aRe a MoRoN"

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm failing at coming up with a good response.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

The fact I can see new and fresh builds everyday which still surprises me. I put comments to make people's days on their first builds and it boosts my karma. Not to mention I can get ideas or bookmark cool builds I really like.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

It's the chemicals in the water.

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

They put something in it to make you forget. I don't even remember how I got here.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

They also turn frogs gay

• 5 months ago
  • 4 points

Alex Jones turns head

HELLO FELLOW KIDS

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

INTERSEX FROGS

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

A community that isn't as dramatic as on Twitter or as sensitive as on Reddit

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

I like the PCPP community.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

People tolerate other's beliefs and do not criticize other people based on hobbies and whatnot. Overall a very kind and accepting community that can make you want to return time and time again, a smile on my face every time I enter and leave, browsing the parts like a kid in a toy store. I freakin' love this place and everyone here.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

The Gork vs Tragik brawls

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

From day one, it has always been the community. In part, because of PCs

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

The community

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

The 27 different topics Zf Geek posts everyday??

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

He does have some nice topics

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Might be why he owns 50% of the topic market.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I sometimes post a lot without thinking...I love OT so much. :P

Some topics I post just to see how people will respond.(although, admins haven’t liked my karma topics lately)

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Well, there is a search bar and this topic comes up every other month.... I think maybe they’d rather not have this information across so much of their server space.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I just like putting together builds in the build builder :D

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Mostly OT. Sometimes answering questions or helping with a build can be enjoyable.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I like putting builds together that I'll never be able to afford. Also the forums.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Definitely because of the discussions. I enjoy having discussion with other people and this site doesn't seem to have any toxic people, unlike other websites (Reddit).

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I come back to see what new conversations there are in OT and GD. I love the fact that everyone will argue thoughtfully and intelligently, not with just a ‘your dumb’ when you say something they disagree on.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

I disagree. your dumb

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Boredom

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

What keeps me coming here? The builds, of course. It's always nice to see the work others put into their systems and PCPP. I only recently started paying attention to the forum sections and I doubt I'll be spending much time in here.

As a side note, nice profile picture. I'm a Preds fan (your Stars outplayed and outworked us in every area of the game), but I'm hoping y'all can take down the Blues and whoever comes out of the Avs and Sharks series. Bought my tickets to the NSH/DAL Winter Classic last week! Cheers.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Technical info, humor, input from different age groups, no advertising, folks behave themselves, lots of why's.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Necroing a dead thread, but I was wondering:

Are you suprised for the better or the worse in regard to people of younger age groups opinions and mindsets on this platform?

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Necroing; is that a real word? I guess it is now. I wouldn't say surprised, I don't think I've ever been a mainstream thinker. It's more a reality check thing, trying not to get run over by things that I tend to ignore until I'm baffled. Then I'm embarrassed because I'm clueless and need a crash course. Movies, many sports, video games, to some extent "modern" music, some things I'm just not interested in, so I don't pay attention to them. It's about social survival.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

It is.

I get that. Do you ever stop and think: man people from 'x' generation are stupid. Or, do you ever say: I'm surprised by how not stupid that person from 'x' generation is? Like, are your expectations ever shaken?

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Cool, I'm adding it to my vocabulary.

Sure, but it's getting tougher to see the good. Maybe I'm just becoming more intolerant/curmudgeonly. I do see folks acting in a manner that shows they've thought it out all the way. I get angry at thoughtless behavior, I just want to smack 'em upside the head and ask, "where did you get the idea that was ok"? But no single generation has a monopoly on stupidity, in fact it may be my peers and older that do the most harm by not demanding a higher standard.

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I like forums that aren't controlled by massive tech giants. This forum doesn't seem to be an admin or ideological echo chamber so that always helps. I also have future builds planned and this site is a good tool for planning out builds.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Trying to learn PC stuff mostly, but have succeeded in firing up my first build here. Still loading stuff on it, trying to get amd overclock software thing on it now. I actually like that not a ton of stuff is posted here, I don't get bogged down, can check things and come back later. Another quality forum without a bunch of jerks on it, sometimes that is hard to find. I look forward to posting the build once its up and running normally, I did manage to get 3600 memory speed with only a couple reboots, somehow, on the 2400G. Stable, I dunno have no benchmarks on it yet but its running. And my cheap psu has a fan rattle in it. Otherwise had no issues other than not having a hdmi cable on hand.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

trying to earn gorkbucks! lol!

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

My quest for them continues to this day

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

lol!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I have good news for you. Reference this comment about the GorkBucks giveaway. This includes you! Happy days abound.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I've heard that 1 Gork buck, if it were transferable, would be equal to 10,000 Chuck E. Cheese tickets. Is this true? Is there any hope of me winning that table tennis prize from 1997 that I've been eyeing for 22 years?

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm not sure, how many Chuck E Cheese tickets is one wupiupi?

Regardless, I have some bad news about the stock of items at your local Chuck E Cheese.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I have some bad news about the stock of items at your local Chuck E Cheese

◉_◉ Are you about to ruin one of my life goals?!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you so much gorkti200 i will use them wisely master!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I just love this site since it has everything to cater my love for PC's. I don't know a lot about PC's but I get to learn something new from this site everyday. I love the community, the concept, builds.... Everything!!

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m new here, but why I’m always coming back is to see other people’s builds and learn from them when I’m in the process of building one for myself.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube