• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ARMISTICErj 2 months ago

I get people have issues with Walmart PCs and for good reason. But I’m just looking for some input on if this is a good system or not. Any serious bottlenecks and what kind of expandability am I looking at. I wanted to go with a mid range but if I can get back into pc gaming for this price, it sounds alright to me to go to a budget system.

Also I wanted to build my next one so if I can get something for that price, better, and build it myself, it’d rather go that route.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cybertron-GameStation-AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G-3-50GHz-4-Cores-8GB-DDR4-1TB-HDD-120GB-SSD-AMD-RX-580-4GB-GDDR5-Graphics-WiFi-MS-Windows-10-Home-64-Bit-Black/268556184

Comments Sorted by:

eesti 1 point 2 months ago

I'm still questioning how the hell this is possible PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $91.99 @ Walmart
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.99 @ Newegg Business
Memory GeIL - EVO SPEAR 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $87.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Team - L5 LITE 3D 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $49.99 @ Newegg
Video Card XFX - Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS Black Core Edition Video Card $189.99 @ Newegg
Case Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $26.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $36.00 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $552.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-15 08:51 EST-0500
BetrayedPredator 2 points 2 months ago

Bulk buying from the manufacturer disconnect

They buy CPUs by the tray (1000), etc

ARMISTICErj submitter 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Looks like it’s not such a good deal if I can build one from components you listed with more power. Although... Smaller SSD, no 1 tb drive, no keyboard and mouse but has larger ram amounts. Correct?

eesti 1 point 2 months ago

The SSD is half a TB, and peripherals are able to be added easily

Granddy 1 Build 2 points 2 months ago

I also realized that prebuild pc has an A320m mobo.

That kinda turns me off the deal until you also realize windows 10 is free with that prebuild.

[comment deleted by staff]
Granddy 1 Build 4 points 2 months ago

Depends if you like being a pirate but alright.

manirelli staff 8 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

No, it isn't.

ah my bad. was using phone earlier.

[comment deleted by staff]

Thanks for the input, I'm going to pass on this and continue on the path to building my own. I had my mind all set and then I saw that and thought maybe, just need to stick to the plan.

[comment deleted]