• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

IHopeIDontBreakIt 2 months ago

So I'm building my first gaming PC and I'm trying to figure out the differences between the different versions of the 2080. There is a large price gap between them, even from the same vendor and it can be hard to tell the reason for it and also how important those differences might be.

The version I would like to get is the Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING OC WHITE Video Card (sorry I don't know how to post the link) because I'm doing an all white build and it would look nice. This model is one of the cheaper ones but it has no reviews. Compared to MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO which a lot of build guides on youtube are using, it costs 100$ less despite the white one having a higher base clock, same overclock and identical stats otherwise. Even among Gigabyte's lineup alone the gap between their cheapest and most expensive is 200$.

My thought is the main difference might be the built in cooling solutions? But if this is the case, I don't really have the knowledge to gauge what is better and how much of an impact it could have on my build.

Any feedback or just general advice on the topic would be much appreciated, I'm sure this is something other fellas new to the computer building world are wondering about too, and searching the web it is hard to find good information on this, particularly with the newer models.

Here is my current build link for reference.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $349.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Deepcool - CAPTAIN 360EX WHITE RGB 229.56 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $118.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $221.82 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $119.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $147.00 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING OC WHITE Video Card $749.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB White ATX Mid Tower Case $149.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.89 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $98.89 @ OutletPC
Keyboard Corsair - K70 RGB MK.2 SE Wired Gaming Keyboard $139.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS (White) Wired Optical Mouse $39.99 @ Amazon
Speakers Logitech - Z207 (White) 10 mW 2ch Speakers $49.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $2356.41
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $2306.41
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-12 10:30 EST-0500

Comments Sorted by:

nclacs99 2 points 2 months ago

I posted a similar question last week. I got some good responses: https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/305781-price-differences-in-gpus-which-to-choose

IHopeIDontBreakIt submitter 1 point 2 months ago

Thank you! They actually listed the specific one I wanted in that comparison so that's perfect. Much appreciated sir!

nclacs99 1 point 2 months ago

No prob. Enjoy! I just received my Gigabyte 2080 today. Can't wait to fire it up.

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Almost all 2080s will be identical, except for cooling. Pick your preferred or cheapest brand in this case, excluding the blower style coolers that run way too hot.

Blower=Fan?

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Normally you will se a card with 2-3 fans, howeve rthere are a few one fan models that pumpbair out the rear of the card through the expansion slot. These are know as blowers and run very hot.

Gotcha, thanks for the tips!