• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Console_Gamers_Be_Like 2 months ago

I found a GTX 1070 for sale that comes with a phanteks waterblock installed, it costs $315, is this worth it ? I also found an MSI Duke GTX 1070 ti for $330. I want to get into hard tubing water cooling, should I get the 1070 or the 1070 ti even though it just has an air cooler ?

Comments Sorted by:

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 2 points 2 months ago

Water blocks are pretty expensive so if you really wanted to do water cooling it wouldn't be a bad idea to get that 1070.

Azure_Leo 1 point 2 months ago

Off the top of my head I don't think there are many options for waterblocks for the 1070Ti. EK did one for the Strix card but that's it as far as I'm aware. The arrival of the RTX series has killed off the likelihood of any more 10-series blocks launching. So if you intend to go with a custom loop you should be looking at a card that has a block available for you. If you are happy that a 1070 has the performance you need then go with that. Alternatively there are blocks available for most 1080's.

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

With the 1070 once you start adding in the cost of the rest of the components in order to run a proper loop, it costs way more than the other card, so just get the 1070 Ti.