PCPartPicker

• Register

Micro Center has 1700X for $140. Works in $30 combo discounts with select Motherboards.

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Allan_M_Systems 3 months ago

Available for in-store pickup only.

[UPDATE: $130 NOW!!! FOR BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS]

This is like... nutty value in CPU power.

Slap a Cryorig M9a, Scythe Byakko, or Thermaltake Contac Silent 12 for ~$20-25 and toss the whole works on a B450M Pro4 ($45 in combo discount at MC), and you have a killer start to a do-anything for dirt cheap rig.

Comments Sorted by:

Christopheralex 1 point 3 months ago

I was in Micro Center today and started to get the 1700x but changed my mind thinking a better deal will come Black Friday.

Allan_M_Systems submitter 1 point 3 months ago

I was planning on keeping my old AM3+ rig running till Ryzen 2 comes along, but it sort of crapped out over the weekend so I was looking for a quick cheap fix. This will work fine for me for awhile. I'm also curious to see what I might have "missed out on" over the black friday cyber monday stretch..... I expect something like the 2700X to drop down to ~$200-250ish.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

It’s now $129.99 and you can get it bundled with a discounted AM4 board, and then add the $30 discount on top of that.

You can basically get a 1700X combo for around $200 or less, insane.

Allan_M_Systems submitter 1 point 3 months ago

I was just noticing this additional price drop earlier today as well. Awesome catch... updated OP to reflect change.

This is like being able to buy a 6900K for $130, and then be able to put it on a motherboard for as low as ~$40.

AMAZING

tomtomj2 9 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

Just went to Microcenter and most of the CPUs were sold out. Would’ve been tempted to get a 2700X but all gone lol

Great deals tho on lots of things, well worth the wait.

ZhongJ 1 point 2 months ago

Was it a great deal? I was there at Microcenter that day and there's bunch of motherboards missing from the shelves and AMD glass shelving. I brought the Ryzen 2600 with Asrock B450M combo.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

The 2700X was $249.99, 2700 was $229.99, 2600X was $189.99 and the 2600 was $169.99. Most were sold out by the time I got there, so pretty good deals.

ZhongJ 1 point 2 months ago

Right, I brought the 2600 for $150 along with the $30 motherboard, their flyer stated it's suppose to be $160 but the receipt only says the former price. I saw Walmart once sold the processor at $145 which is the lowest I've seen it dropped to. There's also RX 580 graphics card for $199 which also fly off the shelves.

slkipp 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Dont forget about open box mb . Probably get the entire package at or under 160!

tomtomj2 9 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

Some of the 300 series AM4 boards can be had for cheap with the $30 discount so that’s an option as well.