add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

FX-9590 and FX-9370 motherboard compatibility

philip

70 months ago

It took me longer than I would have liked, but I've finally added the FX-9590 and FX-9370 to the database. You should also be able to now find compatible motherboards for these parts here as well.

Please note that due to the extremely high TDP of the parts (220W!), the compatibility is very sparse right now. There are literally only a handful of motherboards that support the FX-9xxx series. I've seen some sites linked (other than AMD and manufacturer spec pages) that list much broader compatibility - be VERY careful with those. Socket compatibility alone is not sufficient for these processors due to the TDP.

There are many cases right now of conflicting information, even from manufacturers. We've seen instances of press releases indicating compatibility, but then the manufacturer CPU support spec page not being updated to reflect that for months. Regardless, we're trying to stay on top of the compatible motherboard list for these, and will continue to update the database as we find more information. You can rest assured that if our compatibility filter says it is compatible, you'll be safe.

One other additional note - I've added several variations of the FX-9xxx series - reflecting the versions that ship with and without stock coolers. To help distinguish these, CPU spec pages now mention the stock cooler availability. I'll also be adding filter criteria on the CPU category page. Also, if you pick a motherboard and a CPU that does not come with a stock cooler, and do not have an aftermarket cooler in your part list, you'll see a warning to let you know you need a cooler.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Great!

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Excellent work! Knocking out several birds with one one stone as they say!

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I love this site. It has saved me time and money. Thank You!

• 70 months ago
  • 0 points

Wow, great stuff. Thanks.

[comment deleted]
  • 70 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for the note! I'll make sure that gets added to the list.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube