add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPUs without stock coolers (i.e. non-retail, or non-boxed models)

philip

66 months ago

Historically we've listed mostly only boxed model CPUs, which with a few exceptions meant that the CPU packaging included the stock CPU cooler.

With the addition of the FX-9xxx series, and more LGA2011 CPUs available, I've updated the site to include information on whether the CPU comes with a stock cooler or not. If you choose a CPU that does not come with a cooler, AND a motherboard, AND you don't pick an aftermarket cooler, you'll now see a warning letting you know you're missing a cooler.

I'm looking into adding a filter for the CPU page for whether it includes a stock cooler or not, as well as potentially adding it as a column in the table.

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube