add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
AustinTheTimelord
  • 76 months ago

I've noticed a lot of troll builders here that rip off other people's hard work and it gets under my skin.. then there are the trolls that bash on other people's builds. It's be nice if we could report them and bring their account to the attention of staff for... judgement? I guess?

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

Absolutely report things when you see them and we'll take care of it. Under the description for completed builds is a report link. Also, every comment has a report link as well. We see all the reports and have a zero tolerance policy for both ripping off other builds and harassment / trolling.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for asking! (Just banned a user right after replying to your post… sigh.)

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Ben something? If its that guy then that's the whole reason why I spoke up haha

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Aye.

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

In addition, if someone is really going nuts with the trolling or inappropriate comments please feel free to email me directly or message us via the contact page.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Hold on a darn second. What the heck kind of initiative is this? So, anyone that "bashes" someone else's build is automatically considered a "troll"?

I offer honest critique on everyone's build that I touch (which is sometimes positive), such that they will perhaps do more research on the items that I mention in the future. I'm harsh, but just going "OH YEAH THAT LOOKS GREAT AND IT'S GREAT EVERYTHING IS PEACHY" is about the most useless thing you can do for a person. I tell them exactly what I would have done different, what I feel their weak links are. If they believe I am mistaken... I think that if they spent all that time putting those parts together, spending a bit of time defending their choices isn't a bad thing. It's a part of combating buyer's remorse. If they can't defend their choices sufficiently, that means that they made a mistake that they could improve upon in later builds. It's a feeling that should stick with them so that they do not make the same mistake in the future.

We're all consumers here. If you want a bunch of yes-men telling you all of your choices are good, then what's the point of this site?

Or, I could be mistaken. I hope what you're actually getting at here are simply the people that call this or that trash with no factual basis or rhyme or reason. Those do need to be weeded out.

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

We encourage criticism and feedback on builds but ask that users keep it constructive and civil. There is a difference between "Why did you choose those case fans and put them on your rad?" as opposed to "LOL what a complete idiot putting those #$%@ fans on there."

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

No I'm not talking about someone giving harsh criticism as that should be expected when you submit a build, hell for me I hope I get criticized so I know what not to do. I'm talking about someone who is obviously being OVERLY bashing. Like someone saying "Oh my god your build is complete and total ****, enjoy your shitpile of a build -1" When the build is obviously nicely built and well thought out or someone just being an obvious troll for the downvotes. It's seen on Reddit all the time. Sorry for the misinterpretation

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm more worried about what constitutes ripping off someone else's build; do I need to cite my sources now if I see someone make a good parts list and want to modify it and submit it as my own, or are we just talking about people submitting completed builds with pics and stats taken from someone else?

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly "ripping off" of other peoples' builds on the internet is stupid as a concept anyway. It's a selfish notion. If you notice a lot of people are suggesting the build you made, that's not ripping off, that's simply affirmation that your choices are correct anyway. Now, it would kind of be "not nice" if they started acting like they're the ones that constructed it and they're hot stuff, but.. well... that's the internet. That kind of stuff is difficult to trace back to the original source, and likely more trouble than it's worth to do so. Good parts choices are meant to be shared.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

See the staff response; I think they cleared it up nicely. This has to do with plagiarism.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

The ripping off is likely in reference to stealing the content of other users. We had some troll accounts taking very high end professional builds and claiming them as their own on here.

Please note, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with using the exact same parts as another user. Stealing their writeup and pictures and claiming them as your own will not be tolerated though.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Understood, and I totally agree. Those people are beyond lame.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm talking about someone taking someone's submitted build and their pictures and changing the parts a little and using their pictures. I don't see why you couldn't buy someone's build so long as you say that THEY threw together the parts if you submit it.. See what I mean?

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

I definitely do see.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry for the misinterpretation :p

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly, internet is FILLED with those kind of nasty trolls that has nothing else better to do with their lives and doesn't know what "respect" mean. Those people are there lifting up attention being immature because they lack attention and this is the only way they found to get any attention. Our society needs a superhero that kills all the villains on the internet.

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

Yea I've had to deal with those kinds of people.. I used to play COD

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

:P

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube