add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Presidential Debate

piemancoder

38 months ago

The presidential debate is today, (started at 9), discuss your thoughts about it here :D

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 10 points

Like I said in Discord - it's like watching my kids argue except with slightly better vocabulary.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

C'est le vie.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

*C'est la vie

"Vie" est féminin.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Solo hablo espaniol.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Non

• 38 months ago
  • 5 points

From a non-American point of view: Both candidates are **** but at least one of them has experience and some sort of credible idea about what they would actually do if they were elected. I don't like Clinton but electing Trump would destroy what little credibility the US has left with the rest of the world.

The vast majority of what Trump says is ridiculous and his plans have no real basis in fact (just look at any fact checker from the debate). He normally is widely inaccurate, outright lies or he goes out of his way to insult a section of the population. He is just full of popular sound bites and portraying himself as the anti-establishment candidate. People are rightly fed up and want some sort of change from the norm but believing complete and utter ******** isn't the answer. I would even go as far to say that electing Trump would be a dangerous thing to do.

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

Get trump elected and watch chinese-american international relations detieriorate

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

This. Seriously this.

• 38 months ago
  • 5 points

I am going to legit vote for Bugs Bunny. Sure, he is cross dressing all the time and doesn't know what direction to turn at Albuquerque, but he could do it!

2016, vote pests or vote Bugs!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Did I seriously get downvoted for voting for Bugs Bunny? LOL!

Y'all are racist :-P

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Specist.

waits for Grammarly to correct that

It's not happening. That's a thing?!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently a thing indeed it is!

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 4 points

we......are......all......going......to......die.....

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

I like Clinton's smile

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It's so devious yet so overjoyed at the same time

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 3 points

I'd rather have the podium they were standing at as president

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

I forget what comedian said it... but why don't we just agree to elect Ronald Reagan again?

After all what country would want to mess with a nation so crazy it elects a dead person to be the leader.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

lets re-elect george washington

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I vote for him!

Any dead President beats the two candidates we got now at least they can't screw up the country any worse than it already is!.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

a nation so crazy it elects a dead person to be the leader

That nation is called North Korea, and you're right in that they're so crazy nobody wants to mess with them. The late Kim Il-Sung is the Eternal President of the Republic, even though he is dead. Yes, their legal president is a dead man (and was elected as such after his death).

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

they're so crazy nobody wants to mess with them

Almost.

From March 1968 and March 1969, various military skirmishes took place in the Paektusan region between the North Korean and Chinese armed forces.[16]

January 27, 2010: North Korea fires artillery shells into the water near Baengnyeong Island and South Korean vessels return fire.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah almost. Although I wouldn't count the South Koreans returning fire considering they're still technically at war and have been for over 50 years.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The Korean Armistice Agreement is the armistice which ended the Korean War. It was signed by U.S. Army Lieutenant General William Harrison, Jr. representing the United Nations Command (UNC), North Korean General Nam Il representing the Korean People's Army, and the Chinese People’s Volunteer Army.[1] The armistice was signed on July 27, 1953, and was designed to "insure a complete cessation of hostilities and of all acts of armed force in Korea until a final peaceful settlement is achieved."[2] No "final peaceful settlement" has been achieved yet.

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

I'm seriously starting to consider that the US is just trolling the rest of world. Going "LOL look at those Europeans thinking that we're being serious about electing Trump haha".

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh my god I wish it were so. Do you have a couch I can live on if Trump is elected?

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

You have safe houses in australia (Nuckles_56) and Canada (ravenhelm)

Now that is what i call "having connections"

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm feeling better about this. haha

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Come to Australia instead, you'll be fine here until Tony Abbott comes back from the grave

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

insert trump hate comment here

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

discuss your thoughts about it hear

So it started out fine, and now they're going back and forth at each other about irrelevant ****.

This is why nothing gets done because our politicians are too busy trying to slander each other then actually getting things done. Disgusting.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

tomtomj2 for president

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Vote for Palpatine 2016!

For a safe an secure society!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Couldn't be much worse than either of the two we will have

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

What could go wrong?

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Uh...

Disbands Congress, creates an Empire, builds the Death Star and blows up Earth?

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

To be honest the Death Star might just be the infrastructure project we need to relaunch the economy.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't see an issue with that, it seems like just as good a use of the taxes you get as anything else :p

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I vote nothing

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

A very fine choice indeed.

I'm pretty sure a cactus would be a better choice at this point.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

It was fun to watch Trump contradict himself over and over again. Very entertaining.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh god yes. He flip-flopped so much when he was given his 2 min to discuss gun control.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

"I never said I didn't want muslims to come into the US"

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

lolololol

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol yes

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

???

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

He "flip flops" on a lot of things. Clinton does as well. I've found you can get as much dirt on one candidate as you can the other. For example in the debate where Trump said he will release his tax returns once Clinton reveals the 30,000 deleted emails on her private address.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't think Hillary won but I think Trump definitely lost. I was watching the debate yesterday and Trump looked tired, heavy breathing, drinking a tremendous amount of water, even sniffling. All the punches he threw missed while Hillary was able to land 2 attacks, which is very low. Remember other debates candidates are able to land many many attacks on their opponent and make them nervous. None for Trump this time even if he had his usual loud tone.

• 38 months ago
  • 0 points

looked tired, heavy breathing, drinking a tremendous amount of water, even sniffling

Definitely not things any normal person would do during an hour and a half debate in front of national tv. Maybe next time we'll have a moderator who isn't clearly biased towards Clinton and is willing to ask specifics on both sides.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

It's true the moderator was more insistant with Trump but I think Trump isn't able to dodge questions properly. Dodging questions doesn't mean not answering the question. It means giving an answer that is satisfying while not giving a direct answer to a question.

Here's how it's done. Maybe Trump should take a page from Reagan playbook. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhCjMfRndk

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 2 points

I would choose Trump over Clinton. My reason, I'd rather have a cureable form of cancer then a terminal illness...

• 38 months ago
  • 6 points

This makes no sense at all.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd rather have someone with a slight glimmer of hope than a fully corrupt monster

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok. I guess I see that. I completely disagree with you, but whatever. Lol

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha lol, disagreements are good sometimes, they show opposing opinions. If nobody had opposing opinions, the world would be a boring boring place my friend.

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

Why would you think Trump would be a good president, he has horrible foreign policy ideas, no concept of politics, and changes his stance on anything if it will get him more votes.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I try my best.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I like how respectable they were at first and then 3 minutes later it turned into a roast.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The Roast of Hillary Clinton

trump actually had a roast

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

Well..why don't you - you umM...P-ppPOKÉMON GO TO THE POLLS!?!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't believe this is the state of the election

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

agreed. Complete embarrassment.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Good vocab is good.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Great vocab is gooder

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

goodest England is goodest

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I am offensive and i find this american

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I might've just died.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll be completely honest here, it was a shitshow on both sides. No, you can't make the argument that I was watching the Fox News stream on YouTube, mainly because one of my friends linked it to me.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Listening to it now. Still at the jobs issue.

Yeah, I'm that 13 year old that actually cares. Heh.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I like what he just said.

*she

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, thank you.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Np. Misrepresentation is annoying.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I know.. And most (almost all) folks think I'm a guy lol

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

As noap said, she*

• 38 months ago
  • 0 points

Not watching, but i bet donald trunp will bring up some respectable points but still get hate.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Both candidates will get hate, and that will continue to happen as long as people have opinions.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

True.

Cant obama just stay in the white house?

• 38 months ago
  • 5 points

I respectfully disagree.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't agree, but okay.

• 38 months ago
  • 0 points

Right there with you. He had Clinton catching her breath multiple times haha

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah Trump is the first presidential candidate I've seen in a while who could realistically start a nuclear war.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Meanwhile, I will be sitting here sipping on my maple syrup and laughing as I watch the world around me burn.

NATO says otherwise.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Why do you say that?

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

I didn't downvote lol, we are chill. Trump has no political experience and is overall terrible.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

But a not very good one with no concept of politics, he wants to build a wall to keep out immigrants that will be extremely expensive and pointless since 70% of them come here legally by plane.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

At this point it is a choice between the lesser of two evils.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube