add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is up with the AMD 9xxx series?

fertileturtle88
  • 77 months ago

From what I have learned, the AMD 9xxx series is basically all of the better binned 8350's with a factory overclock that AMD felt it can manage comfortably. Now I wasn't sure if I should bring this to the feedback section or here but I guess I am also asking if I am should get it. Anyway, why isn't it on this site? I can't find either the 9370 or 9590 when trying to choose the processor. Am I just blind or is there a reason they aren't on here? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/26o7h Here is the build I was going to go with but I put an 8350 in there right now. I kinda am siding with AMD considering that I have solar panels and heat isn't an issue with a water cooling and good conditions for a computer in general.

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

The issue with the 9xxx series is the high TDP - many of the motherboards that match it socket-wise may not be able to handle the TDP (200+W). We're working to get the compatibility verified for the matching motherboards, but it's taking a bit of time. I hope to have it in very soon though.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I didn't realize that. I did hear that even the best motherboards were having problems with the series.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube