add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Amazon Prime price preference option on parts with Amazon listings?

jerm1027
  • 77 months ago

I know with Amazon there can be multiple sellers for the same exact part, some of which Amazon graces with free shipping (3-5 day for orders over $25 for regular users, or free 2 Day for Prime members). Lately, I've noticed PCPartpicker has been listing prices for sellers on Amazon that aren't amazon prime eligible, despite the shipping costs bringing the total cost above the amazon prime price. EX: The FX-6300 is currently listed as $114.99+$11.42 shipping, which brings the total to $126.41, however, the Amazon Prime option is $118.99, and with free shipping, which makes the total still $118.99, which is cheaper overall despite having the higher base price. It would pretty cool if there were an option to prefer the Prime price over other sellers, if possible, because that free shipping can make it cheaper for a lot of people, even if they aren't Prime members.

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 4 points

Oooh…

Now, I don't want to spill any beans or anything, but you should check back tomorrow morning/afternoon. We may just be turning on functionality somewhat like that...

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey philip, the site has other big problems with Amazon. One that I noticed is on price; the Asus R9 280x is listed as being $309.99 on Amazon, yet it really costs $342.84. The other one is that PCPartPicker does not display Amazon rebates, even though they exist. I would be very happy if those update problems were fixed. Thanks for all the work!

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

The $309.99 price is valid, but there's a bug there. It's available from Amazon.com at that price (in the buy box on the right), but is out of stock.

On rebates, that's definitely something we're looking into. Their API does not provide rebate information, so we're working to find an alternate route.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe you could contact Amazon to see if they can integrate rebates into the api. I know that it would be too tedious to manually check rebates, so you could set up a user rebate reporting system that would use multiple user confirmation to set the rebate price. Just an idea.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube