add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The PCPartPicker Presidential Polls #1

piemancoder

38 months ago

http://www.strawpoll.me/10280389

I made this strawpoll so that we can see who PCPP users would vote for. Also, I know Bernie hasn't dropped out yet, but I didn't include him because it doesn't look like he's doing well at all. If that changes, he will be added to future polls

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

Palpatine for President!

Vote Palpatine 2016

"A safe and secure society!"

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You've already pulled this once Senator...

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

If I can manipulate a whole galaxy, then I can assure you that my resolve on this matter has never been stronger.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

o.0

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You have my vote, Chancellor.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Goooooooood, goooooooood.

Everything that has transpired has done according to my design heheheheheheh

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 3 points

"The attempt on my life has left me cooked, but I assure you, the sauce that I am served with has never been better!"

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Well you said Senator Turnip, not Senator Palpatine, so I had to manipulate the quote to fit the theme. Just like I manipulated a whole galaxy to let me be emperor.

****, they know my plans now... Execute Order 67, Obama Care Part 2.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

(Somewhat Relevant)

The Instagram sites for Bernie are absolutely terrible from what I've seen

There was the statement that agriculture, specifically of cows & other animals that take an incredible amount of grazing grass and water to make that grass. That's completely true. They then started to say that they were all tortured and confined and what not (which is somewhat true although I believe the FDA is on that case, correct me if I'm wrong) which didn't bother me too much even though it seemed a little outrageous comparing farm animals to pets, and saying that "Would you enslave your beloved cat or dog?". Key word "beloved", I can't think of too many farmers that have quite a large amount of cattle and the like would care all too much, atlhough this can differ from person to person. Not to also mention that you kinda are enslaving your pets if you think about it...

What really got me though is when they said that they are the biggest cause of greenhouse gasses, which is utterly and stupidly wrong. Yes, it's true that cows do produce quite a lot of methane, but it's not the biggest cause of pollution by FAR. That'd have to go to electricity production, industries, fermentation, and other things (according to the EPA at least). I don't see agriculture actually mentioned on the methane point, but they are 9% for C02 production, which isn't that bad compared to methane. This was based off 2014 EPA studies, although I doubt the percentages have changed too much and I couldn't find anything newer sadly. Then again, better than not having a source at all

What's even worse is that they mentioned that a true American doesn't eat meat, or something outrageous like that. I love a good argument, but when your claims are that stupid then it just... You make yourself look extremely stupid

RANT OVER

Personally, I could care less about politics for saying all the drama it is. I just hope we get someone reasonable that doesn't try anything too drastic unless it really is going to sit well for America.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I always see it like this: the animals were born in captivity. They know nothing else. They cannot miss something they have never known. They don't feel sorry for themselves. Why should I feel sorry for them? Also, being in captivity isn't all bad. You get protection from predators that range cows don't, you get feed thrown right to you instead of having to graze, and the same goes for water.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

That too. The argument wasn't even really the issue, just how the person stated it was... Just.. So bad..

It made me cringe, and the final sentence was

"Now let all the haters roll in because they are angry because they know they're wrong"
Something like that at least, which made me disappointed how much in society has devolved

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow. It's just incredible to me that that's all it takes to "address" possible arguments. It's ridiculous.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

What really got me though is when they said that they are the biggest cause of greenhouse gasses, which is utterly and stupidly wrong. Yes, it's true that cows do produce quite a lot of methane, but it's not the biggest cause of pollution by FAR.

Yeah they are probably just misstating the figures, which is tragically common in graphics and posts shared around social media. My first reaction to any graphic shared on social media is to ignore it entirely. But if it does pique my interest, second reaction is to look up the data. It's usually misstated or misleading.

Enteric Fermentation, which is a fancy word for poo-gas production, is the highest contributing source (22.5%) of human-caused methane emissions. This is probably what they wanted to say. In this measurement, human-caused is including livestock raising. This is also data for the USA specifically. From the article:

Methane emissions from enteric fermentation and manure management represent 22.5 percent and 8.4 percent of total CH4 emissions from anthropogenic activities, respectively. Of all domestic animal types, beef and dairy cattle were by far the largest emitters of CH4.

Now considering Methane is only about 11% of US greenhouse gas emissions, you may say it's NBD. But since Methane is supposed to be over 10x as powerful a greenhouse gas as CO2, it's arguably more important than CO2.

The animal treatment bit of your rant is another story entirely.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty much what I wanted to say, but didn't want to restate :P

Nice to know some more up to date information saying the best I could pull up is 2014

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I was torn between turnip and trump

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm being totally serious, a turnip will run the US better than Trump or Hillary. Turnip all the way.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yus!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Bernie is doing amazing in Cali...

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Turnip for the WIN!!!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Haven't been able to access poll yet (blocked at work) but not allowing Bernie as an option is pretty lame. Your poll's stated objective is to see who PCPP users would vote for, and he's a candidate with a substantial portion of the vote currently.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Currently, I'm only doing frontrunners, but there seems to be a lot of people who want Bernie, so he will be in the next one.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Strawpoll is blocked on my school's wifi ;-;

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 3 points

Please keep it polite.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Define "ree" please.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, this. What is a "ree"?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, I know Bernie hasn't dropped out yet, but I didn't include him because it doesn't look like he's doing well at all. If that changes, he will be added to future polls

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker already is great

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 2 points

turnip2020

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with getting rid of pennies but nickles would be in the same boat as well

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If pennies didn't exist they'd just make it $1.95 though. You can't blame pennies for this.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube