add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
piemancoder

41 months ago

Asus contest anyone? What could possibly go wrong?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Please do not look at this topic Philip!!!!!!!!!!

The award will be a nice CX PSU

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

nice CX PSU

That is a good joke XD

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Hate to ruin the joke, but Asus did a giveaway as part of our livestream with them back in August.

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. We're not doing another contest.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I think you guys should do another.

Who can make the best pie. I would win.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

What if the contest is much smaller? Like a random draw where you comment on something in the blog, and you can win a case or something smaller like a Hue.

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 2 points

Unless something dramatic happens to change my mind, I think this is the last one. Manirelli and I busted our tails for this one, and what we got out of it was a ton of finger pointing, accusations of cheating, rampant paranoia, and loads of whining. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the winners. But what we had hoped would be a great way to give back to the community just ended up in making a lot of people upset. I should have known better - every single contest we've done to date has been the same way (just on a smaller scale). We've even had multiple people threaten to sue.

I mean, in the end maybe it's good. People show their true colors. Some people can't stand someone else winning something if their value system deems them unworthy. Everyone has their own definition of fairness, or of what the rules should have been - never mind that had we not run the contest they'd be in the exact same position as before.

I happy with MSI - they've been great. I happy with the mechanics of everything and the code I had to write to support the contest. I'm happy that some new users found out about the site for the first time. But I'm fed up with the entitlement and complaining. So for now, I'm saying nope, we're not going to do this again.

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

Pretty ridiculous. God forbid you try to give away $4,000 worth of parts for the fun of it. I personally enjoyed the build guides that came out of the contest, and it led me to finally uploading my already completed build at home.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Razer giveaway for the sheer irony.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD is giving away space heaters... erm I mean 9590s

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube