add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

sounds logical! any ideas on how to fix?

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Well you could always flip your PSU over so the plastic divider is being pulled away from the fan by gravity. With bottom mounted cases, PSU orientation doesn't matter.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

it matters how the screws line up on the back plate. it would just be floating if i flipped it unless i used like 2 screws instead of the 4

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Remove the power cord from the psu and take it out of the case. Try to examine inside where the fan is to see if their is any interference. If you cant see anything, find something like a thin flat screwdriver and slowly rotate the fan manually and see if their is any resistance. You can also very carefully shake the psu to see if their are any loose objects inside.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

i dont see anything in there, and i wiggled it but nothing makes noise. and im not sure how easy the fan to the psu should be to move but it does feel like it has a sort of resistance to it. but like i said, im not sure how much should actually be there

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Weird, because most bottom mount cases are designed for either fan up or fan down positions when mounting PSUs. Which one is up to the builder.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

it in the shape of a U almost. like:

. . . .

idk, its a corsair psu on a corsair case

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube