This build is something I have always longed to do. The color scheme caught my eye on another build i saw when I first started building computers. I loved the idea but I knew I wanted to water-cool it. But what could I use a water cooled computer for? Nothing! I do not play many games, and the ones I do are not very demanding. It is just something I enjoy doing and is more of a hobby than anything.
The build was so much fun and I still have a few more things I would like to do with it. Those things include, a UV light to make the fluid pop and also adding some slim Noctua's to the front of the case replacing the cheaper Silverstone fans.
I had quite a few problems throughout this build due to the size of the case. From radiators being too thick, to the graphics card being too long to fit my reservoir mount on the radiator. My first idea was to ditch the reservoir that I had fallen in love with. However, I could not let that happen. My solution to this was slim fans in front of the radiator in between the front cover. They would hopefully have enough room to grab air from the top and bottom and also keep the build looking clean. So I found some cheap Silverstone fans on Amazon and ordered them! Luckily they fit!!! and better yet my reservoir fit with just a couple of millimeters to spare between it and the GPU.
Come build time I ran distilled water through and everything was fine. Until it hit the back radiator. Water came spraying out the back somewhere due to a screw going too far through. DO NOT WORRY I learned my mistake with that. Everything was fine and it dried out for a few days and we were back in business. Today (5-27-18) the new radiator came and completed my build. I am so excited to have it all done!
P.S. I have never been an AMD fan...but I sure like the 2700x so far!
UPDATE! So fast forward to 9-27-18 A couple of days ago I finished up cleaning out all of the blocks and the loop from a small problem I had. That problem was that the purple coloring was separating from the water and clogging my blocks. At the time I was using PrimoChill Ice fluid. I contacted them and they sent me new dye and had me flush the loop with a cleaning product they had sent along with the original package. I still had plenty left over from the first time I got the cleaning product as they recommend you do that first anyways. After doing that I still had problems with the coloring. I learned that there may be some pressure building up in my loop and that was most likely the problem. I then opened the cap on my reservoir and heard all the pressure being relieved...almost like a bottle of pop when you open it up for the first time. I then bought a pressure relief valve to go on top of the res in hopes this will help the problem. I also tried to just find purple tubing but when it arrived the purple did not match the rest of the system. For now I have been running PrimoChill True infused I believe it is called.. in the loop and it seems to be okay so far. I will update on this again at a later point. Another modification I made was putting slim noctuas on the front radiator instead of the silverstone fans. I just went with those to make sure the plan would work as it is not necessarily meant to go that way...Also the blocks were not as bad as I though they would be. I believe the picture I posted with this update was after it was cleaned anyways...Not sure why I took an after pic and not a before but its whatever.
UPDATE- 4-2-19 December 2018 I received some white mayhems fluid and purple dye. This has since been running in my pc and has stayed purple. It looks so good and I am so happy with it working flawlessly! This is really my favorite thing to do and just helps keep me busy. It is not only a great performer but I love the way it looks. I will add some more pictures so you can see what the Mayhem fluid looks like. Please Drop a LIKE! Thanks so much for looking, Jacob